Experience Design: What’s it all about and why do I need it?
This is the classic collegiate primer, daring to take on a subject most colleges won’t: Making Money. Many small-to-medium business owners learned an awful lot about practicing their craft in college, but not a bit about how to grow and thrive once you take that craft out on your own. You may be responsible for dozens of employees, but at heart you’re just the top employee right now.
Customers come in, but do you know how? Why? How to get more like them? Do you want more like them? And what’s great design got to do with it?
Growing your business is either seat-of-your pants, or its designed. There’s no in-between.
The Maximum Customer Experience blog aims to help you become the Visionary and leader that a thriving firm needs at the top. Wait—you’re not the top dog? Fear not. At VisionPoints, we know every member of a company is a crucial stakeholder, and needs to be an evangelist or “propheteer” for the firm to really take off. There’s plenty for you here, too. Just imagine if your custodian went to a barbeque this weekend and told friends about your awesome new product instead of about an aching back or an ignorant, demanding new hire. Heck, even your mail carrier could spread the word about you!
Witty! Thrilling! Jam-packed with tips and tales! (Well, at least the last one. I’ll do my best on the other two.)
In Experience Design 101, I present a baker’s dozen actionable articles (linked below) to help you showcase your Vision and grow your business. Hmm, a baker’s dozen? I think I’d better go get a bagel…
- Shh! It’s a secret! Experience Design revealed
- You really need to get some air
- 3 Critical lessons learned from the Big Boys
- Key concepts in Experience Design
- Who do you think you are?
- The long, winding road to the top (of the mind)
- It’s not all about the web (but you’d better get on the bandwagon)
- ROI: Can you really measure the power of Experience Design?
- Firm growth (not) guaranteed
- Uniqueness and innovation: What have you got that I haven’t got?
- Are you ready to be a Visionary?
- How to put Experience Design to work, today: 11 Tips
- Who drives better, men or women?
Read on, write back, and Go Where Your VisionPoints.
Grow and be well,
Owner, Creative Director
The Experience Designers