The Cake That Took Six Months to Bake
Image by Vidiot
It all started with a baker’s dozen, 13 articles on Experience Design. Nearly six months later, the Maximum Customer Experience Blog blows out the 100th candle, and slowly but surely gathers a loyal band of readers, from business owners, to entrepreneurs, to writers, designers, and friends, and the category we all fall into: Customers, discussing Experience together.
I took my time with it, and I hope that’s worked for you. Thanks, dear reader, for taking a few minutes from your busy day to read, comment, and share the MCE Blog. Without you, it’s just a journal.
It’s My Party, So…
A round-up at a blog birthday is about as traditional as thanking your Mom and Dad at the Oscars, and I love a good tradition. Without further ado:
Top 7 Most Viewed Posts
7. Experience Design 101 (This is the one that started it all, folks, so if you feel like starting from the beginning, enjoy.)
Top 7 Search Terms
1. McDonald’s 90 second guarantee (*sigh* Not what one hopes to be known for)
2. Customer pain points
3. Kelly Erickson (People find me that way? They must be trying pretty hard)
5. McDonald’s secrets (I’m sensing a theme here)
6. Target Experience Design
7. Internal stakeholders
7 Strangest Search Terms, aka, The Long Tail at work
1. “i like to look at things upside down” (You, too?)
2. .typepad martinis (I’m sure this had to be a disappointment)
3. babes (Thank you)
4. cheese customer experience blog (Cheesy, sometimes…)
5. Manage Customer Experience Kelly (Yup)
6. Kelly Erickson Dallas (Nope)
7. Kelly Erickson sugar (Wrong again)
Kelly’s 7 Favorite Posts
7 Things Your Small Business Needs for Maximum Customer Experience
4. Emphasis on the Details
5. Friends & Family
Keep coming back, folks. As Lou Reed sings, it’s the Beginning of a Great Adventure. Glad you’re here.
And thanks, Mom and Dad.
Grow and be well,
The Biggest P.S. in Blogging History:
7 13 All the Bloggers Who Rock This Customer’s Experience Every Time
(and a link to the one article you must not miss from each)
Amy, Write From Home
Brett, 6 Weeks
Brian, Copyblogger (without whom you might not be reading this)
Caroline, Caroline Middlebrook
Charlie, Trust Matters
Crystal, Big Bright Bulb
David, Change Order
Harry, Men With Pens
Jacob, Just Creative Design
James, Men With Pens
Paul, Idea Sandbox
Scott, HELLO, My Name Is BLOG
Seth, Seth Godin’s Blog
For inspiring me, for challenging me, for your breathtaking insights, and most of all, for your humor. Thank you guys.
Looking for just the right thing for MCE’s birthday? Comment today, comment often, and subscribe to the Maximum Customer Experience Blog. The gift of your comments is precious to me.