Tag, Tag, Tag…
Okay, but just this once
Since I never do memes like Cam Beck’s 4 x 4 Meme, like Naomi Dunford’s “I Never Called It a Meme,” Meme, or like Brian Yerkes’ “Business Cards of Bloggers” Meme, I’ll play, just this once twice thrice. But only because Brett, whom I adore, got the ball rolling, then Ellen, whose call is irresistable, said hey, and my pal Matt, who calls ‘em like he sees ‘em while visiting Rogue Ink, tapped me on the shoulder again. Is this a hint? If y’all don’t think I’m revealing enough of myself all around the Internet, well, Janice knows that I did my share of revealing before the ‘net came along.
With all that link love, if you can read the paragraph above you win a prize.
Since James Lipton is never going to have me on Inside the Actors’ Studio, I’ll start with three questions I’d love to be asked by him:
1. What turns you on, creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
People who love their kids (Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!); suits/well-dressed people generally; great writing; ambition; a sharp sense of humor; scent; art; foreign accents; intelligence (not necessarily in that order)
2. What turns you off, creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Dumbing down; bad grammar; condescension; “letting yourself go”; prejudice; cigarette smoke; violence in life or on-screen; meanness
3. What professions other than your own would you like to attempt?
Acting; genealogy; long-haul truck driving; professional miniature crafting
And the rest:
4. I love rain. Walking in it, listening to it, the scent of a rainy day… I’ve even written bad poetry about rain. Some of my poems have been published—none of the ones that were about rain.
5. I share my birthday with Rod Stewart, and I love love love that fact.
6. My nickname was “Tigger,” for a short time as a teen, because I’m (sing it…) bouncy-bouncy-bouncy-bouncy, fun-fun-fun-fun-fun! No kidding. I hate when people call me “Kel,” or frankly any nickname. “Tigger” was quashed rather quickly, though I still love the reason for it.
7. People whose work I adore: (use your favorite search engine ‘cuz I am just not providing a link to each one)
Ivan Chermayeff and Tom Geismar
Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown
Bennett and Judie Weinstock
What do they all have in common? Determination. Vision.
8. I am photo-phobic, meaning I avoid having my picture taken like it’s torture, which it is for me. I have an aunt with the same phobia. Even when I’m trying to get a good shot I’m impatient and probably impossible. I think it shows…
The shoes couldn’t make faces.
That’s it. Though most of my pinstriped suit is still on me (see legs, above), I think we’ve gotten plenty personal today. No more tag for a while, okay? I’m all worn out.
Though I’d love to come up with 24 people to tag, for the three times I got hit, there are only three who I’d really like to hear from. I’ll call it one for each hit. I don’t know if any of them will come and play, so here goes:
Amy, Write From Home
Charlie, Ignite Living
Paul, Idea Sandbox
Tag, guys. If you feel like getting a little frivolous, you’re it! Here’s the rules, stolen from Brett’s blog:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people (oops!) and include their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
Grow and be well,